Chesapeake Bay Beach Club

Chesapeake Bay Beach Club
View from the roof of the Garden Room.

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dress shopping and driving

I hate to shop. I am probably the only female in the world that hates to shop. It wasn't always this way ... when Laura & Lisa were small, going to the mall was an outlet. It got us out of the house. Now, I can't stand going there. Too many people, and to get there you have to drive.

Don't get me wrong, I love to drive. Best thing that ever happened to me. Freedom. At 18, I would take off down to Southern Maryland in the middle of the night to see my brother ... or to OC to watch the sunrise. Now though, you literally take you life in your hands going on the beltway. Nuts on the road weave in and out of traffic @ 75 mph on a "55 mph" highway. And don't dare give them a dirty look or anything else. You will be dead. They would just as soon follow you off the highway to a side street, pull a gun and shoot you. Life in the suburban city.

Anyway, I digress. Time is getting short. Only 143 days to the wedding, which translates into ... order the dress! Josh's mom got her dress last week. Amy chose a royal blue which should be beautiful. I wasn't sure what I wanted, but I was leaning toward a deep purple or a deep green.

So Saturday I went to two small local bridal shops. In this economy, I am becoming deeply aware of just how much local merchants need the business. I actually had fun ... if I didn't look to close at my body! At the first shop that was a deep purple, it could not be ordered as it has been discontinued. Luckily it fit! It will need to be shortened, and altered at the bodice but I did get in it! Yay. So I put a deposit on it.

Then I went to a shop that Laura & I had first looked at gowns for her. They were right busy , since it was Saturday, but they said if I didn't mind waiting a little while I could try on the dresses I wanted to look at. I found a gown by the same designer as the dress that I liked at the first shop ... but in the new collection. I like them both so now I have to decide. I sent links to Laura ... she will let me know what she thinks, she has a good fashion sense too!

No comments:

Post a Comment